A bit about the School of Health & Society…
Our School of Health & Society is one of the largest providers of nursing, midwifery and allied health professional education programmes in the UK, known for our track record of collaborating with a wide range of industry partners across health and social care to produce highly skilled graduates with real work experience. We are at an interesting time in the Higher Education sector, there is significant change in terms of oversight, student expectations and changing demographics and we are trying to do things differently so that we stay ahead of these changes. Our connection to industry is stronger than ever and we’re proud to have more partnerships with SMEs than any other Greater Manchester University. It’s everything we do and the way we do everything.
So what will the role involve?
- Contribute to our thinking and be challenging on how Salford can transform the way it addresses equity disparities, embraces diversity and becomes more inclusive
- Foster the development of an inclusive community, using teaching approaches which encourage inclusivity, working in partnership with students to improve their sense of belonging, diversifying the curriculum and using approaches to inclusive assessment to close the award gap
- Contribute to the planning and development of teaching material of the pre-registration undergraduate and post registration midwifery programmes
- Supporting students in their learning and development journey by supervising projects, including field trips and placements where appropriate
- Take a lead in your own area of expertise and develop new ideas to meet the needs of the modern world
What’s in it for you?
With over 200 languages spoken across Greater Manchester, we want to create an inspirational, inclusive learning and working environment, celebrating the diversity of our University community in our everyday conversations. Our student population is already incredibly diverse and we want to ensure this is reflected across our colleague profile as well.
There is a varied benefits package available through ‘MySalford’ where you can tailor your benefits to suit your own lifestyle – everything from additional annual leave, savings on High Street shopping, travel discounts as well as health and wellbeing support. To maintain work/life balance (and to help you through this pandemic!) you can connect to work from wherever you are, whether it’s our Frederick Road Campus, MediaCityUK or your couch at home, the tools are there for you to do your best work from your chosen location.
What to do next?
If you are interested in this position, you are very welcome to contact Head of Midwifery Lisa Bacon at L.firstname.lastname@example.org for an informal discussion. Interviews will take place on Friday 22nd January 2021.
Starting salary for this role is £33,797 per annum, pro rata.
Please click here to apply: https://atsv7.wcn.co.uk/search_engine/jobs.cgi?SID=amNvZGU9MTg3MjkxMCZ2dF90ZW1wbGF0ZT05MTkmb3duZXI9NTAzNjMyOCZvd25lcnR5cGU9ZmFpciZicmFuZF9pZD0wJnBvc3RpbmdfY29kZT0yMjQ=