The Florence Nightingale Faculty of Nursing, Midwifery & Palliative Care, King’s College London, is seeking to appoint two external peers; one immediate start and the other from Sept 19 to be involved with our Faculty Education Committee, programme approvals and reviews, including NMC validation events. We welcome expressions of interest from senior academics committed to developing quality teaching, learning and assessment. King's College London is a research-led university based in the heart of London; King's has 29,000 students from some 150 countries, and 8,007 employees. King's has an outstanding reputation for providing world-class teaching and cutting-edge research. The Faculty has 200 staff and 3,000 students and offers flexible and innovative programmes and modules that meet the needs of a wide range of healthcare professionals seeking continuing professional development as well as those working towards registration with the NMC. External peers should meet three or more of the following criteria:
- experience within their own institution of either the role of Head of Department/Dean of Faculty or Programme Director and/or chairmanship of an institutional level committee concerned with teaching and learning or other senior role.
- wide experience as a External Examiner;
- familiarity with research-led teaching;
- familiarity with national quality assurance policies;
- knowledge of and experience of using subject benchmark statements;
- previous experience as a QAA subject reviewer, review chair of institutional auditor and/or experience of being a subject contact for a QAA Subject Review.