A bit about School of Health & Society... Our School of Health & Society is one of the largest providers of nursing, midwifery, social work and allied health professional education programmes in the UK, known for our track record of collaborating with a wide range of industry partners across health and social care to produce highly skilled graduates with real work experience. We are at an interesting time in the Higher Education sector, there is significant change in terms of oversight, student expectations and changing demographics and we are trying to do things differently so that we stay ahead of these changes. The School of Health and Society is now looking to recruit a Degree Apprenticeship Coordinator to support our growing apprenticeship portfolio. This is an exciting time to join our growing team dedicated to delivering high quality apprenticeships. So what will the role involve?
- Supporting apprentices with work-based learning, visiting them in their employer organisations and ensuring they are developing their knowledge, skills and behaviours in the workplace.
- Act as key point of contact between the School and a wide range of employers and third-party partners. Responsible for ongoing partnership and relationship management by providing regular progress reports and troubleshooting and resolving any barriers to progression or difficulties.
- Coordinate duties across a range of apprenticeship programmes
- Lead and manage a small team of Apprenticeship Facilitators who will report to you. Working closely with the team to cross-skill, manage workload and motivate them, you will be committed to building a strong team ethos.
- Organise, attend and document quarterly progress review meetings for apprentices enrolled on a range of apprenticeships where issues are complex or multifaceted and provide advice and support to Apprenticeship Facilitators, academic teams and employer partners.
- Where there are complex or serious concerns relating to compliance or progression oversee and coordinate activities to successful conclusion.
- Work with programme leaders and central admissions teams and employers to coordinate and oversee apprentice recruitment and complex onboarding activities.
- Use data effectively and take responsibility for monitoring and reporting in terms of compliance.