The School of Nursing is seeking a qualified nurse educator to take on the role of external examiner for the BSc (Hons)/ MSc Nursing (Learning Disability). The School of Nursing is part of the Faculty of Health Social Care and Education, Kingston University and St George’s University London. The pre-registration nursing programme is based at Kingston University in Surrey. An experienced external examiner would be preferred, but those seeking a first post and having relevant clinical and educational experience would also be considered. Applicants must hold current NMC registration in the appropriate field for which they are applying and hold a recorded teaching qualification with the NMC. The School of Nursing operates an on-line submission, marking and feedback of assignments. Experience of Turnitin, Canvas and SpeedGrader would be desirable however training will be provided. The post requires external moderation of assessments, completion of an annual monitoring report and attendance at the relevant Boards of Examiners (minimum of two per year). You will also be expected to visit practice areas once per year. The External Examiner is required to submit an annual report, following which payment is made. Further information regarding the role of the External Examiner at KUSGUL can be found at http://www.kingston.ac.uk/externalexam/ As a Learning Disability external examiner you will be involved in reviewing the field specific modules. The appointment will be with effect from 1st October 2020 and will be for a full 4-year term. Full course details and documentation will be provided to the appointee and an induction day will be offered – to be held at the University following appointment. We are unable to accept applications from any University who has/has had External Examiner links with us in the last 5 years. Please submit expressions of interest and a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Jobs: South East
We are seeking a replacement external examiner for academic year 2020/21 for the MSc Physiotherapy (Pre-registration) course. The University of Brighton offers extensive support for external examiners and holds workshops annually. Further support is also provided by the Course Leader and Academic Lead of Physiotherapy. The University normally expects external examiners to attend a minimum of one examination board per year. Applicants are advised that the University applies the following criteria to external examiners:
- The area of expertise of external examiners is within the area of examinations undertaken;
- Applicants should have recently been employed (or are still employed) within a university appointment;
- Applicant must not have been a University of Brighton examiner within the last five years;
- Applicant will have a recognised Physiotherapy qualification, and be Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) registered.
- Course Leader Krishna Kishore Garikipati, K.K.Garikipati@brighton.ac.uk, 01273 644712
- Academic Lead of Physiotherapy Dr Helen Fiddler, H.Fiddler@brighton.ac.uk, 01273 643657
The Faculty of Health and Wellbeing at Canterbury Christ Church University is seeking to appoint an External Examiner for the following CASE-accredited HE level 7, credit bearing courses:
- Outgoing MSc Medical Imaging
- New Postgraduate Certificate in Musculoskeletal Ultrasound;
- Focused Ultrasound Course in Third Trimester Scanning;
- Focused Ultrasound Course on Hands, Wrists and Feet in Rheumatology.
- Advising the 4 Module Assessment Boards on the content and standard of assessment and feedback;
- Moderating samples of examination/essay scripts and other assessed materials;
- Attending Module Assessment Boards to approve pass lists and degree classifications;
- Submitting an annual report to the University Quality Boards.