Work at Nelson and Colne College Group
Broad Oak Campus
Broad Oak Road
Applications are invited from academics who have appropriate standing, expertise, and experience to maintain comparability of standards. Standing, expertise, and breadth of experience may be indicated by:
- The present (or last, if retired) post and place of work;
- The range and scope of experience across Higher Education/professions;
- The current and recent active involvement in research/scholarly/professional activities in a relevant field of study.
Your role & responsibilities would include:
- Confirming the comparability of standards of student performance at the College with those of similar modules at other UK Institutions of Higher Education;
- Confirming that the assessment process in its entirety is sound and has been fairly conducted with full regard to justice to students;
- Reporting and advising on the above by means of approving assessment and providing an annual report to the University.
You will be required to moderate a sample of scripts in relation to selected modules within the above programmes. You will also be required to produce an annual report and attend Assessment Boards as appropriate.
Further details about the courses can be found here:
- FdA Mental Health Work – https://universitycentre.nelsongroup.ac.uk/course-detail/mental-health-work/AHSCHF5042021_2023/
- FdA Alcohol and Substance Misuse Work- https://universitycentre.nelsongroup.ac.uk/course-detail/alcohol-and-substance-misuse-work/AHSCHF5052021_2023/
Please send expressions of interest and an accompanying CV to HE@nelsongroup.ac.uk
Your CV should contain the following information:
- Current and recent employment history
- HE and Professional Qualifications
- Current and previous external examiner engagements
- Experience of course/module leader roles
- Teaching experience
- Research and related Scholarly/ Professional Activity/ Consultancy
For an informal discussion and further information, please contact:
- Charlotte Scheffmann, Charlotte.Scheffmann@NelsonGroup.ac.uk or
- Professor Debbie Roberts, firstname.lastname@example.org
All appointments are subject to verification of eligibility to work in the UK, as per UK Visas and Immigration requirements. Please refer to the UKVI website for further information.
- MSc Adolescent Psychotherapy Award map: The School of Allied Health and Community at the University of Worcester is seeking an experienced External Examiner for our MSc (pre-registration) Physiotherapy course. Please see the following link for the full MSc (pre-registration) Programme SpecificationThe School of Health and Care Professions at the University of Portsmouth are seeking to appoint a suitably qualified external examiner for our NMC approved, pre-registration BN (Hons) Nursing (Adult) programme (FHEQ levels 4, 5 and 6), which is approved for delivery against the NMC (2018) standa...The School of Allied Health and Community at the University of Worcester is seeking an experienced External Examiner for our BSc (Hons) Occupational Therapy course. Please see the following link for the full BSc (Hons) Programme SpecificationThe post will require consideration of portfolios and assessments related to several modules of study. Modules: Year 1
The University of Wolverhampton requires external examiners for the following programmes within the Faculty of Education, Health and Wellbeing:
- Dietetic Theory and Practice 1 – Biopsychosocial patchwork text, case management oral presentation (related to placement 1) and assessment of practice (40 cred...
Keele University is renowned for its exciting approach to higher education, innovative research, beautiful campus, strong community spirit and excellent student experience. With a turnover in excess of £170 million, over 10,000 students and a total staff of approximately 2000, the University prov...Teesside University are looking to appoint a new end point assessor examiner for the MSc Advanced Clinical Practice apprenticeship within the School of Health and Life Sciences. The subject areas involved are: Level 7 Advanced Clinical Practice Apprenticeship End Point. Information about th...Full time and permanent Teesside University is an ambitious and enterprising university for a focused and pragmatic global new generation. Focused on making a real difference to the lives of people and the success of businesses and the economy. Our corporate strategy sets out our intentions...
- BSc(Hons) Specialist Community Public Health Nursing (School Nursing & Health Visiting (Top Up)
- PGDip Specialist Community P...