We are looking for an outstanding individual who has excellent academic and professional leadership skills and the ability to motivate and inspire others. As a registered nurse, you will have a background in nursing (preferably adult and/or primary care) and experience in, and a passion for, practice/work-based learning and its potential to make a difference to healthcare practice. In addition to proven learning and teaching skills, you will be active in research and scholarship evidenced by ongoing projects and publications.
Job description to:
- Provide academic leadership as Qualifications Lead to colleagues in nursing, HWSC and WELS;
- Contribute to all areas of business development;
- Promote the business and reputation of nursing by engaging strategically with relevant internal and external stakeholders to continue to generate growth in student numbers across all areas of our curriculum;
- Participate in delivering innovation and change in teaching/learning and research strategies;
- Promote the synergy between learning, teaching, scholarship and research;
- Contribute to, and lead in the development and production of high quality learning materials including innovative approaches to practice/work-based learning;
- Participate in, and lead teams that are responsible for developing and delivering nursing and healthcare modules and qualifications;
- Contribute to the school and faculty’s research and scholarship by pursuing a personal research/scholarship plan that aligns with the school and/or faculty priorities and its teaching portfolio;
- Develop internal and external networks that promote learning and teaching, and research and scholarship opportunities;
- Participate in postgraduate student supervision, as appropriate;
- Contribute to relevant research groups in nursing, HWSC and WELS;
- Participate in relevant personal and professional development;
- Promote equal opportunities across all nursing, HWSC, WELS and OU activities.