We are seeking to appoint a Subject External Examiner for the MClinRes programme (http://www.plymouth.ac.uk/pg/5540). The programme is based within the School of Health Professions, Faculty of Health and Human Sciences and run in close partnership with our Schools of Nursing and Midwifery, Medicine and Dentistry. Students on the pathway will be from varied health professional backgrounds, for example dietitians, medics, nurses, occupational therapists, optometrists, paramedics, pharmacists, physiotherapists, podiatrists, radiographers, speech and language therapists and social workers. Consequently, the external examiner would be an health professional with experience of post-graduate educational provision and clinical research, have a recordable teaching qualification and a current registration with the HCPC/NMC/Appropriate Regulatory body. Modules examined include a focus on research design, research methods (quantitative, qualitative, mixed methods and systematic reviewing), interprofessional and distance learning. The appointment is for 4 years from August 2019.
• Currently three assessment panels a year (March, July, and November) and the submission of external examiner reports
• To review a range of coursework throughout the year
• To attend one assessment event per year if appropriate (an oral presentation)
• To engage in communication with the programme team
• To carry out at least one interim engagement per year (which may take the form of a ‘virtual’ visit by video conference/Skype in recognition of the logistical difficulties presented by Plymouth’s geographical location) and at least one face to face visit during the term of office to obtain feedback from staff and to strengthen their engagement with the ongoing teaching and learning process
All appointments are subject to the candidate meeting the University’s criteria for appointment. Please submit CV to email@example.com or Programme Lead Dr Lisa Bunn firstname.lastname@example.org