The Department of Nursing, Midwifery and Health is seeking to appoint a new External Examiner for the following Neonatal programme and Children’s Continuing Workforce Development (CWD) modules.
Advanced Diploma/PG Cert Specialist Neonatal Practice Programme (Level 6 and 7)
- This programme is delivered over one year and consists of two modules (Specialist and High Neonatal care and Intensive Neonatal care)
Continuing Workforce Development (CWD) modules (Level 6)
- AC6711- Children and Young People’s History Taking and Physical Assessment
- AC6713- Foundations in Paediatric Intensive care
- AC6714- Children and Young People Recognition and Emergency Care in Critical Illness
The external examiner will be responsible for contributing to the quality assurance of these modules. As subject external examiner you will be involved in the approval and moderation of assessments, completion of annual monitoring reports and will be required to attend examination boards.
Applicants should hold appropriate professional registration and academic qualifications. It is preferable to have previous experience of external examining although support and guidance can be provided for those new to this role. Full course details and documentation will be provided to the appointee on appointment.
The appointment will take effect from 1st August 2021 and will be for a four-year term.
If you would like further information regarding this post, please contact:
- Mike Stephenson, Senior Lecturer, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Peter Dryden, Senior Lecturer, email@example.com
If you are interested in applying, please forward your C.V. to either contact at the above email address by 19 March 2021.