We are seeking one external examiner from 2018/19 academic year.
University of Brighton is one of the few Universities in the UK to offer a dedicated post graduate programme in Health Promotion and our course has an emphasis on practical implementation and community engagement..
• There are four pathways leading to named awards: Health Promotion, International Health Promotion, Health Promotion & Management, Health Promotion & Education
We take a global focus throughout the teaching and welcome interdisciplinary study, students include those with experience in public health practice and others who are changing career often from communication or business. We take the view that public health is everyone’s business and our course has been designed to equip students with theoretical knowledge, critical analysis and practical skills for working in health promotion and public health at local, national and international levels in the UK and globally.
University of Brighton offers extensive support for external examiners and holds annual workshops. Further support is also provided by the course leader. The University normally expects external examiners to attend a minimum of one examination board per year.
Applicants are advised that the University applies the following criteria to external examiners:
• Area of expertise of external examiners is within the area of examinations undertaken;
• Applicants should have recently been,or are still employed within a university appointment;
• He/she must not have been a University of Brighton examiner within the last five years;
• Current/recent internal examining experience
For informal discussion, please contact:
Course lead –Carol Williams: e: C.Williams2@brighton.ac.uk t: 01273 644080
Please forward your cv to N.Pont@brighton.ac.uk (title of the course in subject line)