We are seeking a replacement external examiner for the next academic year for our occupational therapy programme. The vacancy arises as one of our current external examiners is approaching the end of their four-year term, and is available with our popular pre-registration problem based learning master’s programme.
The University of Brighton offers extensive support for external examiners and holds workshops annually. Further support is also provided by the Course leader and the Academic Lead for the Occupational Therapy Programme. The University normally expects external examiners to attend a minimum of one examination board per year.
The role would involve being an external examiner across a range of academic and practice placement modules, working alongside the current external examiner. It is desirable for applicants to have experience of problem-based learning and accelerated masters level course teaching/leadership but this is not essential.
Applicants are advised that the University applies the following criteria to external examiners:
- The area of expertise of external examiners is within the area of examinations undertaken;
- Applicants should have recently been employed (or are still employed) within a university appointment;
- They must not have been a University of Brighton examiner within the last five years;
- They will have a recognised Occupational Therapy qualification, and be Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) registered.
One External Examiner is sought for the following programme:
- A two year full time accelerated MSc/PG Dip Occupational Therapy (pre-registration).
Commencement date October 2021 for a period of 4 years
For an informal discussion, please contact:
Course Leader, MSc/PG Dip Occupational Therapy (pre-registration) – Tania Wiseman, email@example.com, 01323 646958
Please forward your curriculum vitae to Nicky Pont N.Pont@brighton.ac.uk with the title of the course in the subject line. Following the closing date, expressions of interest will be considered and you will be be informed of whether you have been nominated as soon as possible.
For further information please see https://www.brighton.ac.uk/courses/study/occupational-therapy-pre-reg-msc-pgcert-pgdip.aspx