The School of Nursing and Midwifery at the University of Worcester is seeking an External Examiner for modules within the Masters in Advancing Practice (Advanced Clinical Practice) programme to include:
- Non-medical Prescribing (level 6 and 7)
- Advanced Health Assessment – adult, paediatric and newborn
Non-medical Prescribing and Advanced Health Assessment are successful courses/modules that run at the University of Worcester and form part of the BSc (Hons) Health Sciences top up degree (NMP L6) and the MSc Advancing Practice. The modules attract applicants across a range of professions including nurses, physiotherapists, paramedics and pharmacists.
The post requires you to have substantial experience in teaching or leading on Masters programmes and for Non-medical Prescribing you are required to hold the qualification of non-medical prescriber. We would consider separate examiners for each strand.
The University requires that external examiners have qualifications at least equal to the programme being examined, therefore must have:
- A Master’s degree and expertise within Advanced Practice, preferably in Advanced Clinical Practice
- Applicants should have recently been employed (or are still employed) within a university appointment;
- He/she must not have been a University of Worcester examiner within the last five years;
- He/she will have a recognised Healthcare qualification, for example, as a Nurse (Nursing and Midwifery Council) or Allied Health
- Professional (Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) registered).
The University of Worcester offers support for external examiners and a full induction day.
Further support is also provided by the Programme leader and module team. The University normally expects external examiners to attend a minimum of one examination board per year.
It you would like further information regarding this post please contact Dr Kerry Gaskin on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01905 855156.