The University of Derby, College of Health and Social Care is seeking to appoint a new External Examiner for the MA in Social Work Programme. A relatively young programme it is now in its 4th year and is fast growing with a cohort of 40 students studying full time over a 2-year period.
The role will begin in September 2019 and will be held for a 3-year period.
Responsibilities will include:
- Advice giving and review of programme design and assessment modes
- Moderation of module coursework and examination scripts (including completion of written moderation feedback)
- Attendance at Assessment Boards
- Completion of mid-year and annual External Examiner Reports
The programme is made up of the following modules:
- Preparation for Practice Learning
- Social Work Law
- International Social Welfare
- Practice Learning 1 (placement module)
Students have a choice of taking 2 from 3 of the following:
- Protecting and Safeguarding Children and Young People
- Safeguarding Adults
- Youth Justice – with option of completing Working with Young Offenders as an additional module)
- Independent Study
- Practice Learning 2 (placement module)
We are seeking to appoint an external examiner with appropriate expertise who will work in collaboration with the programme team to develop and enhance quality standards in consideration of the new requirements being developed by Social Work England, the new regulator for Social Work.
Further details can be obtained by contacting Deborah Bardouille, Senior Lecturer and Programme Leader for MA in Social Work, D.firstname.lastname@example.org, 01332 594149.