The School of Health and Sports Sciences is seeking to appoint an external examiner for our recently revalidated FdA Health and Wellbeing Higher Apprenticeships courses for Assistant Practitioners and Nursing Associates.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced lecturers in nursing. All appointments are subject to the candidate meeting the University’s criteria for appointment. Tenure will normally be for a period of four years.
There are 2 pathways for the Foundation Degree, with 2 intakes per year delivered across a wide geographical area. This is offered as part of the Nursing Associate standard (V1 & V3) and the Assistant Practitioner standard, which is also validated as a standalone programme.
The assessment boards are held at the University of Suffolk, Waterfront Building in Ipswich, Suffolk. You will be joining a team of external examiners supporting the School of Health Sciences with a number of undergraduate and pre-registration programmes in health care.
As an External Examiner you will be expected to:
- Have current registration with the NMC
- Be employed in Higher Education
- Scrutinize samples of examination/essay scripts and other assessed materials, advising module assessment boards on the content and standard of assessments.
- Attend a minimum of 2 assessment boards a year.
- Undertake an annual visit to practice, to meet with students and mentors.
- Review new modules in preparation for validation events.
- Advise on academic misconduct and appeal cases.
- Submit an annual report to the University Quality Boards.
Previous experience would be an advantage, however, if you have not been an external examiner before, a mentor would be appointed for you. You would be part of a team of external examiners for the Pre-registration nursing courses here at the University. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.
If you are interested in the above post please send your expressions of interest, together with a full CV, in the first instance to:
Acting Course Lead FdA Health and Wellbeing Higher Apprenticeships
Tel: 01473 338599