External examiner for postgraduate awards in the Institute of Health within the Faculty of Education, Health and Wellbeing at the University of Wolverhampton
The University of Wolverhampton requires an external examiner for our continuing professional development courses contributing to the undergraduate and postgraduate courses for Non-Medical Prescribing.
The external examiner will be expected to monitor the quality of the coursework across the modules and courses noted below:
- 6NH026 Non-Medical Prescribing Practice (V300)
- 6NH032 Prescribing for Practice (V150) and Level 7
- 6NH033 Clinical Pharmacology for Healthcare Professionals (V300)
- 7NH019 Advanced Pharmacology for Non-Medical Prescribing
- 7NH020 Advanced Perspectives of Non-Medical Prescribing Practice
- Extended /Supplementary Non-Medical Prescribing (V300)
- Prescribing for Practice Non-Medical Prescribing (V150)
- Prescribing for Practice Non-Medical Prescribing (V150) Level 7
- Extended /Supplementary Non-Medical Prescribing (V300) Level 7
We are seeking candidates whose areas of clinical professional expertise would enable him or her to monitor the quality of these non-medical prescribing courses and externally moderate assessed work. Candidates must be appropriately qualified and experienced prescribers on the register of their statutory regulator (NMC or HCPC).
External examiners are required to attend at least one assessment board a year and complete an annual report. External examiners are also required to provide comments on proposed modifications and the development of new modules within their area of expertise.
The post is for an initial period of 4 years, starting in academic year 2019-2020.
For informal enquiries regarding this post please contact Dr Julian Barratt (Julian.Barratt@wlv.ac.uk), Head of Post-Registration Education.
Interested persons should send their CV to following e-mail address: FEHWQuality@wlv.ac.uk
Closing date: 15th January 2020