We are seeking to appoint a Subject External Examiner for the MPsych (Hons) / MSc Clinical Psychology and MPsych (Hons) / MSc Advanced Psychology programmes. The programmes are based within the School of Psychology, Faculty of Health: Medicine, Dentistry and Human Sciences. The External Examiner position will largely be focused on modules for the Clinical Psychology programmes, but will also include modules that are shared with the Advanced Psychology programmes.
Examples of modules requiring review include:
• Foundations of Clinical Psychology
• Understanding Clinical Interventions: Principles of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and Systemic Family therapy
• Core Competencies for Clinical Practice in Psychology
• Applied Clinical Research
• Supporting Behaviour Change
• Advanced Techniques for Psychological Research
• Success in Science
• Personal and Professional Development
The above modules may vary.
The ideal candidate will have experience in teaching and examining at a UK HE institution and have specific subject knowledge in relation to the examples of the modules given above.
The appointment will be for 4 years and the commitment required is as follows:
• To review a range of coursework throughout the year
• One assessment panel a year (June/July) and the submission of external examiner reports
• To attend one assessment event per year if appropriate (for example, OSCE or oral presentation)
• To engage in communication with the programme team
• To carry out at least one interim engagement per year (which may take the form of a ‘virtual’ visit by video conference/Skype in recognition of the logistical difficulties presented by Plymouth’s geographical location) and at least one face to face visit during the term of office to obtain feedback from staff and to strengthen their engagement with the ongoing teaching and learning process
All appointments are subject to the candidate meeting the University’s criteria for appointment. If you would like to be considered for this, please submit a CV by email to email@example.com by 26/04/2020 or for further information please contact:
– MPsych (Hons) / MSc Clinical Psychology lead: firstname.lastname@example.org
– MPsych (Hons) / MSc Advanced Psychology lead: email@example.com