The Faculty of Health, School of Nursing and Allied Health at Liverpool John Moores University requires an External Examiner for the following Continuing Professional Development programme:
- CPD Emergency Care 30 Credits Level 7
This new exciting programme is aimed at nurses, paramedics, physicians’ associates, and trainee practitioners of all disciplines.
This course has evolved out of the Royal College of Nursing Emergency Care Association’s (2017) national curriculum and competency framework in Emergency Care.
Experts and stakeholders have been engaged with from the inception to ensure this course provides the appropriate knowledge and skill to furnish those working in emergency care with the requisite ability to drive quality patient care and outcomes.
The programme will also link to our highly successful Masters programmes; Advanced Health Care Practice and Advanced Clinical Practitioner.
As an External Examiner you will be expected to:
- Be employed in Higher Education
- Have previous External Examiner experience
- Moderate samples of essay scripts and other assessed materials, advising the programme teams on the content and standard of assessments
- Submit module reports and a yearly programme report
- Liaise with other external examiners at LJMU
- Attend the Board of Examiners as required
- Advise on academic misconduct and appeal cases.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced lecturers. All appointments are subject to the candidate meeting the University’s criteria for appointment. The external examiner post will take effect immediately and tenure will normally be for a period of four years. Applicants should have previous experience of being an external examiner, and hold current registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council.
If you are interested in this post please send your expression of interest, together with your current CV to Senior Lecturer, Chris Mather, email@example.com