The School of Health and Care Professions are urgently seeking to appoint a new External Examiner for the above programme. Paramedic Science is a well-established programme at the University of Portsmouth with approximately 45 students on each year of the course.
We are interested in hearing from anyone that feels they meet the following criteria:
- knowledge and understanding of UK sector agreed reference points for the maintenance of academic standards and assurance and enhancement of quality;
- competence and experience in the fields covered by the programme of study or units;
- relevant academic and/or professional qualifications to at least the level of the qualification being externally examined, and/or extensive practitioner experience where
- competence and experience relating to designing and operating a variety of assessment tasks appropriate to the subject and operating assessment procedures;
- sufficient standing, credibility and breadth of experience within the discipline to be able to command the respect of academic peers and, where appropriate, professional peers;
- familiarity with the standard to be expected of students to achieve the award that is to be assessed;
- meeting applicable criteria set by professional, statutory or regulatory bodies;
- awareness of current developments in the design and delivery of relevant curricula;
- competence and experience relating to the enhancement of the student learning experience.
All appointments are subject to the candidate meeting the University’s criteria for appointment.
For further information, please contact Andy Jones (email@example.com), Course Lead for BSc (Hons) Paramedic Science, School of Health and Care Professions, University of Portsmouth.