The role & responsibilities include:
- confirming the comparability of standards of student performance with those of similar modules at other UK Institutions of Higher Education;
- confirming that the assessment process in its entirety is sound, and has been fairly conducted with full regard to justice to students;
- Providing an annual report to the University
- Attending assessment boards.
- Reviewing a range of modules within the Adult specific programme and within the wider nursing Programme.
You should have appropriate expertise and experience to be able to undertake a role in the quality assurance of academic standards in Higher Education (ideally a Programme Leader or Senior Lecturer on similar programmes) and should hold NMC registration in Adult nursing. All External Examiners for programmes leading to registration or recordable qualifications with the Nursing and Midwifery Council will be expected to maintain their registration to the NMC professional register for the duration of their engagement. Previous experience as an external examiner is strongly preferred.
The appointment will be for the four academic years 2019 to 2023, from 1 April 2019
Please note that we cannot currently accept applications from staff at the following institutions:
Coventry, De Montfort, Ulster, UWE