We are looking for a dedicated individual to undertake the role of external examiner for our Education, Psychology and Counselling programme at Sheffield Hallam University.
Your role & responsibilities would include:
- confirming the comparability of standards of student performance at Sheffield Hallam University with those of similar modules at other UK Institutions of Higher Education;
- confirming that the assessment process in its entirety is sound, and has been fairly conducted with full regard to justice to students;
- Reporting and advising on the above by means of approving coursework and examination papers and providing an annual report to the University.
You should have appropriate expertise and experience to be able to undertake a role in the assurance of academic standards in Higher Education. In particular, we are seeking a candidate with an academic/practitioner background in counselling to be able to examine the counselling-related modules within the degree.
The appointees will be required to moderate a sample of scripts in relation to selected modules within the above programmes. You will also be required to produce an annual report and attend Assessment Boards as appropriate.
You will also be required to attend a one day University External Examiners Induction session.
Please send expressions of interest and an accompanying CV to Dr Andrew Morrison
Your CV should contain the following information:
- Current and recent employment history
- HE and Professional Qualifications
- Current and previous external examiner engagements
- Experience of course/module leader roles
- Teaching experience
- Research and related Scholarly/ Professional Activity/ Consultancy
All appointments are subject to verification of eligibility to work in the UK, as per UK Visas and Immigration requirements. Please refer to the UKVI website for further information.