The University of Manchester is seeking to appoint up to four external examiners for course units delivered at Level 6 and 7 within the MSc Advanced Leadership for Professional Practice, BSc Nursing/Midwifery Practice (Hons) Programme, as well as standalone Level 6 & 7 course units.
External Examiners are therefore required for the following subject areas at level 6 and 7;
- Advanced Clinical Decision Making
- Enhancing Competence in the Infection Prevention and Control Professional
- Infection Prevention and Control in Clinical Practice
- Ophthalmic Care & Management
- Pain Management
- Renal Nursing
All coursework is electronically submitted by students and is marked online using Grademark and Turnitin. External examiners will be required to use the online moderating process. User guides and support will be available.
The University appointments for external examiners are normally for a period of 4 years.
- Working in a UK HEI with no formal educational links with the University of Manchester in the last 5 year
- Master’s Degree in an area related to one of the above subject areas
- Direct experience of teaching and assessing in the applicable subject areas
- Research and publications in related area
Appointments will be made in line with the University of Manchester’s Guidance for External Examiners.
Interested candidates should detail their experience in teaching and assessing in the applicable subjects. Please also indicate if you would like to be considered for the dual role of programme and subject external.
Expressions of interest by covering email or letter and CV should be sent by the 17th July 2020 to Katie.firstname.lastname@example.org