University of the West of England, Bristol, Faculty of Health and Applied Sciences, is seeking to appoint the following external examiner to its range of research modules at both undergraduate and post graduate level.
The successful applicant would be appointed with effect from September 2014 for a term of four years. Experience as an external examiner is preferred but applications will be accepted from individuals new to the examining role who are responsible for delivery of similar modules or programmes in their own institution. Faculty CPD provision will be undergoing a refresh and review in 2014 so the current modules will be subject to change.
These 3 modules contribute to the Professional Doctorate delivered in Hong Kong ( blended learning) and the UK
• Health and Social Care Research: methods and methodology – Level M
• Good Clinical Practice in Research – Level M
• Qualitative Research within Clinical Settings Level M
• Appreciating Evidence for Practice – Level 1
• Evidence based practice for nursing and midwifery – level 2
• Evidence Research and Practice – Level 2 and 3
• Dissertation – Masters
• Research in the Context of Health and Social Care – Level 2 ( Foundation degree only)
Current NMC registration – any field
All appointments are subject to meeting the University’s criteria for the appointment of external examiners.
We are unable to accept applications from the University of Wolverhampton, Middlesex University or Manchester Metropolitan University for this post.
Venue for delivery : Bristol, Hong Kong (distance learning)
Contributes to a range of awards at Foundation degree, Undergraduate and Post graduate level:
Field (exam / module) Boards – currently February, June and August although these are subject to change. We expect External Examiners would be able to attend at least 2 out of the 3 of these.
Please submit a CV and covering