School of Public Health, Social Work and Midwifery
Canterbury Christ Church University
The University is seeking to appoint two new external examiners for its BSc, Graduate Diploma and Post Grad Diploma in Specialist Community Public Health Nursing (Health Visiting and School Nursing) programme.
The BSc/Graduate Diploma/Postgraduate Diploma in Specialist Community Public Nursing programme is presented as one year top up degree programme, graduate or postgraduate diploma.
The programme is comprised of six credit bearing modules:
- Perspectives in Public Health
- Early Intervention Part 1 (10 credits)
- Child Development and Assessment
- Evidence for Practice
- Safeguarding Children
- Leadership for Health and Well-being
- Early Intervention Part 2 (10 credits)
The University appointment is for three years.
Applicants should be Specialist Community Public Health Nursing registrants (health visiting, school nursing).
- Working in a UK HEI with no formal links to Canterbury Christ Church University in the last five years
- Current registration with the NMC including a recordable teaching qualification
- Masters’ degree in a related subject area
- Demonstrable teaching experience in the above subject areas
- Research and publications in related area
Appointments will be made in line with Canterbury Christ Church University’s Code of Practice for External Examiners http://www.canterbury.ac.uk/support/quality-and-standards-office/external-examiners/index.asp
Further information and/or expressions of interest, by CV from suitable qualified and experienced colleagues should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org