The Faculty of Health and Wellbeing at Canterbury Christ Church University is seeking to appoint an External Examiner for the following CASE-accredited HE level 7, credit bearing courses:
- Outgoing MSc Medical Imaging
- New Postgraduate Certificate in Musculoskeletal Ultrasound
- Focused Ultrasound Course in Third Trimester Scanning
- Focused Ultrasound Course on Hands, Wrists and Feet in Rheumatology
The role of External Examiner is to assure the quality of awards with respect to national standards. Key duties include:
- Advising the 4 Module Assessment Boards on the content and standard of assessment and feedback;
- Moderating samples of examination/essay scripts and other assessed materials;
- Attending Module Assessment Boards to approve pass lists and degree classifications;
- Submitting an annual report to the University Quality Boards.
The term of office will be for four academic years commencing with effect from appointment and applications are invited from Senior Lecturers, or above, who hold an ultrasound qualification and a current registration with a regulatory body (i.e. HCPC). A demonstrable academic career in Ultrasound which involves experience as a subject or programme manager (e.g. Head of Department, Programme Director, Professional Lead), a research record of national standing, and experience of external examining. All appointments are subject to the candidate meeting the University’s criteria for appointment. External Examiners should attend a minimum of one Module Assessment Boards per year in person and will be invited to meet with students and lecturers.
Fees and Expenses are payable in line with the University policy. Admission to the University’s External Examiners Register is on the basis of satisfactory completion of the University’s Committee and Personnel approval processes, including Right to Work and Reciprocity Checks. Prospective External Examiners are encouraged to send an expression of interest and CV to Gill Dolbear, Ultrasound Course Lead, 01227 922085, email@example.com citing the programme title and/or vacancy reference.
Your data will be held and not processed for any purpose other than that for which it has been obtained, in accordance with current Data Protection Legislation until this recruitment process has concluded.