We are seeking to appoint a Subject External Examiner for the Professional Practice Course. This course is based within the School of Nursing & Midwifery & Social Work Professions, Faculty of Health, Education and Life Sciences.
The appointments will commence September 2019 and the tenure of appointments is for a period of four years. All External Examiner appointments are subject to approval by the University Academic Board.
- Comment on the content of the subject area particularly with regard to subject benchmarks
- Examine assessment briefs, exam papers and student work to ensure academic standards and achievements of students are comparable with those in other UK higher education establishments of which the external examiner has experience
- Provide informative comment and recommendations on whether the assessment process measures student achievement rigorously and fairly against the intended outcomes of the course/s and is conducted in line with the relevant policies and regulations
- Attend examination board/s and submit an annual report
- Engage in communication with the academic and course team
We are looking for External Examiners to cover the following courses/modules:
- BSc (Hons) / MSc Cancer Care
- BSc (Hons) / MSc Haemato-oncology
- Introduction to Palliative and End of Life Care – Level 6 and Level 7
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply here https://jobs.bcu.ac.uk/Vacancy.aspx?id=1434&forced=1 or for further information about the role please either telephone or email Simon Dobbs email@example.com / (0121) 331 7102.
Our standard fee for External Examiners is £450 per academic year. We also offer an additional fee for visits made to BCU for purposes other than to attend exam boards.
Please note that this role is not capable of sponsorship under Tier 2 of the points based system.