We wish to appoint an external examiner to be part of our healthcare CPD external examining team. The successful applicant will take responsibility for a range of clinically focused, practice based undergraduate and post graduate programmes and level six and level seven stand-alone modules within our undergraduate and postgraduate CPD framework as listed below.
- Introduction to Physical Assessment 15 credits Levels 6 and 7
- Advanced Physical Assessment and Decision Making 30 credits Level 7
- Minor Illness 30 credits Level 6 and 7
- Minor Injuries 30 credits Level 6 and 7
- Contraception and Sexual Health 15 credits Levels 6 and 7
- Contraception and Sexual Health 30 credits Levels 6 and 7
(theory and practice)
- Critical Care Core Concepts 30 credits Levels 6 and 7
- Perioperative Care 30 credits Levels 6
- Capabilities of Advanced Clinical Practice 30 credits Level 7
(Core module for the MSc ACP programmes)
- MSc Advanced Clinical Practice (Nursing)
- MSc Advanced Clinical Practice (Primary Care Nursing)
- Accredited programmes
As an External Examiner, you will be expected to: externally moderate and report on samples of work – including those submitted by organisations whose programmes we accredit; attend (virtually) first tier Subject Assessment Boards three times a year in September, February and June and write an annual report. We would also expect you to attend our External Examiners’ Induction.
Expected start date: Autumn Term, October 2021
Length of appointment: 4 years.
Closing date: Monday 5th July, 2021
For further information, or if you wish to apply (letter of application and a CV please), contact:
Dr Venetia Brown, SFHEA
Director of Programmes (Nursing)/Co-Director of Teaching and Learning
Faculty of Health, Social Care and Education
London. NW4 4BT