Competitive salary of £200 annual flat fee, plus £20 for each FTE.
The School of Health Sciences, within the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences at the University of Nottingham, is seeking to appoint an External Examiner for our Advanced Clinical Practice, Advanced Clinical Skills and Advanced Clinical Practitioner (ACP) apprenticeship.
Further details about the programmes can be found on our website at:
- For Advanced Clinical Practice (MSc):
- For Advanced Clinical Skills (PGCert):
- MSc Advanced Clinical Practitioner (ACP):
External examiner requirements and regulations:
- External examiner responsibilities include external moderation of assessments, completion of an annual monitoring report and attendance at Examination boards (at least one per year). The School uses an electronic marking system. External examiners are required to make use of the system during the external moderation process.
- Applicants should the hold appropriate academic qualifications, including, a teaching a qualification (minimum of PGCHE or equivalent) and a Masters or higher level qualification in the relevant area.
- Please be aware that the NMC requires external examiners for Nursing and Midwifery programmes to possess current registration on the appropriate part of the NMC Register.
- All appointments are subject to the candidate meeting the University’s criteria for appointment.
The University’s Assessment and External Examiners Overview can be found at:
The appointment will be from September 2019 and will be for a period of four years.
Interested individuals should send their expressions of interest together with a full Curriculum Vitae including your NMC Pin, details of your research, publications, teaching and external examining, along with any other relevant information to: email@example.com
For queries about the role contact:
Chrissie Bousfield, Director of Postgraduate Taught Education & Continuing Professional Development/WDF
t: 0115 82 30927