We are seeking a new external examiner for the BSc (Hons) Midwifery course. The University of Brighton offers extensive support for external examiners and holds annual workshops. Further support is also provided by the course lead and the Midwifery Academic Programme lead. The University normally expects external examiners to attend a minimum of one examination board per year. Applicants are advised that the University applies the following criteria to external examiners:
- The area of expertise of external examiners is within the area of examinations undertaken;
- Applicants should have recently been employed (or are still employed) within a university appointment;
- He/she must not have been a University of Brighton examiner within the last five years;
- He/she will have a recognised Midwifery qualification, and be Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) registered.
- He/she will have midwifery nursing experience