Applications for the Student Leadership Programme 2020 are now closed.
If you have applied to the programme, we will let you know the outcome of your application by the end of December 2019, whether you have gained a place or if you were not successful. Please be patient with us, as we have hundreds of applications to assess and consider carefully to ensure we select the right students for the programme.
Before you apply, please ensure you have read the eligibility criteria:
- You must be in EITHER first or second year of your undergraduate studies OR in first-year pre-registration postgraduate studies.
- You must be a student in nursing, midwifery or one of the Allied Health Professions
General advice to applicants:
- A strong application will demonstrate commitment and motivation for joining the programme. Explain exactly why you deserve a place on the programme and what you hope to achieve.
- Make sure you understand what it is that you’re applying for. Read about the programme and what others have gained from being a part of it.
- Keep your application clear, concise and relevant.
- Make sure you read your application through. It’s worth typing the questions out on a word document first, and then copying and pasting into the relevant boxes.
- Spend time on your application: be thoughtful and considerate as to what you write about. Saying “I want to learn about leadership” is not going to get you a place on the programme!
- Don’t write one sentence responses and use the word count as an indication of how long your response should be.
- If your application appears rushed and you haven’t read through it, it may be interpreted as though you don’t care that much about the programme.
- Remember to submit your University/Clinical Practice support form, otherwise your application may not be considered.