The School of Health and Social Care at Staffordshire University, Stafford is seeking to appoint an external examiner for the following course:
The MSc Medical Education Awards which includes the Post Graduate Certificate, the Post Graduate Diploma and either the Dissertation or Project Based Change final module. The Certificate stage consists of four modules as does the Diploma stage.
The course is aimed at clinical and postgraduate tutors, nurses, doctors, dentists, paramedics health visitors and therapists, general practice course organisers and trainers, undergraduate tutors and others involved in teaching in a healthcare setting. It is suitable for experienced teachers who wish to up-date or re-assess their skills as well as novice teachers looking for a ‘teaching tool-box’ of new skills and knowledge.
Modules studied are:
• Introduction to Educational Theory (15 credits)
• Approaches to Teaching and Learning in Healthcare (15 credits)
• Observation and Reflection on Healthcare Teaching (15 credits)
• Assessment and Appraisal in Healthcare Education (15 credits)
• The Culture of Education in Healthcare (15 credits)
• Contemporary Issues in Healthcare Education (15 credits)
• Research Methods and Methodologies (15 credits)
• Negotiated Learning Modules (15 credits)
• Masters Dissertation (60 credits)
The external examiner role involves the approval of change in assessments, moderating samples of work, attending Assessment Boards and ensuring that standards of award are comparable with other institutions. The appointment will be with effect immediately until 31st August 2021. Programme details will be provided to the appointee and a full induction day will be offered. We would welcome expressions of interest from academics committed to developing the quality of teaching, learning and assessment. Interested individuals are required to send a copy of their CV for consideration to Dawn Suffolk.