Bangor University School of Healthcare Sciences is offering a range of exciting opportunities for aspiring or experienced Lecturers to join our team. We can offer a stimulating environment and support to enable you to fulfil your professional ambitions.
As part of our ambition for growth around our areas of excellence, we would like to recruit to a new Lectureship in Palliative and End of Life Care. This innovative Lectureship is a joint appointment between the School of Healthcare Sciences and St. David’s Hospice. Our collective ambition is to enhance palliative and end of life care for the people of North Wales through excellence in the teaching and learning experiences we create for the workforce, our leadership of service improvement and practice development, and in related research. This post is a key part of this ambition.
The post-holder will concentrate on the following areas of work across our two organisations:
- Continual enhancement of the practice learning environment within the hospice and related settings in line with professional expectations, including the Nursing and Midwifery Council.
- Embedding a shared learning strategy that drives improvements in palliative and end of life care.
- Embedding new approaches to professional leadership within the sector, which are more values-based and person-orientated, to assure the patient experience and excellence in service design and delivery.
- Developing a wide range of workforce and organisational opportunities that will mobilise our collective expertise in quality improvement, implementation and leadership.
- Contributing to our research into the evidence-base for palliative and end of life care, and its implementation in both generalist and specialist services.