We are seeking to appoint a Mental Health Nurse Senior Teaching Fellow or Lecturer, active on the NMC register. You will help us to design and deliver our highly valued undergraduate and postgraduate, pre-registration, mental health and dual qualification nursing programmes, and contribute to our well-developed research portfolio. Be a part of the University of Southampton, an institution in the top 1% of world universities and one of the UK’s top 15 research-intensive universities and a founding member of the prestigious Russell Group.
We have an international reputation for research, teaching and enterprise activities. Nursing at Southampton is currently ranked 5th in the world, and 3rd in the UK according to the QS World Rankings by Subject 2019. Our School of Health Sciences is within the Faculty of Environmental and Life Sciences. We have a strong record of providing an excellent research environment and delivering research with national and international impact. There is a collegiate culture across healthcare professions and integration with other disciplines within the university. We were ranked joint 1st for Nursing in the 2014 Research Excellence Framework assessment.
Our vision is to lead nursing in a global digitalised world by developing our students and staff leadership and innovation skills, such that all will have a pride in their clinically led innovative nursing, nursing education and research at Southampton, which will influence people around the world. You will work with a dedicated, experienced nursing education team, whilst developing your research portfolio.
Daily activities include:
- Contributing to the design and delivery of nursing programmes including module leadership, session delivery and marking
- Assisting in the development of the nursing research portfolio as part of a research group
- Acting as a personal academic tutor to students
- Liaising with programme managers and senior leaders to deliver the nursing research and education strategy
- Liaising with clinical practice partners to maintain and develop effective partnership working. It is essential that candidates have experience working as a mental health nurse and must be active on the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) register.
This is a full time permanent post and your job title and salary will be decided upon appointment, dependent on experience. A satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service clearance at Enhanced level is required.