The School of Nursing and Midwifery has an exciting opportunity for a Registered Adult Nurse to join an innovative and forwarding thinking team as a Senior Lecturer/ Senior Teaching Fellow.
Our vision as a School of Nursing and Midwifery is to aspire to lead Nursing and Midwifery education. To be the first choice for students and apprentices, colleagues, and employers within Birmingham, across the West Midlands, nationally and globally.
The successful applicant will lead on the development, delivery, and student assessment within our medicines management curriculum theme. They will ensure that students are offered a contemporary, and evidenced-based learning experience, which enables them as learners to meet the NMC requirements of being ‘prescriber ready’ at the point of registration.
- Develop and apply inspiring teaching techniques and content that fosters enthusiasm, understanding, and critical enquiry amongst students, through both online and face to face teaching delivery.
- Offer academic guidance across the range of learner levels.
- Develop strategic internal and external networks.
- Provide pastoral support, enabling students to thrive and become independent professionals who are proud to be part of Birmingham City University.
- Be supported to develop research, enterprise, and scholarly activities that are integral to the role.
- Participate in the core delivery of our courses including the recruitment and selection processes relating to the recruitment of student nurses and thus the future nursing workforce.
Essential criteria for interested applicants include the following:
- Hold a current NMC registration as an Adult Nurse.
- Hold a current NMC registered V300 prescribing qualification.
- Educated to degree level in a clinically relevant subject area ideally, we would like to hear from applicants educated to Masters Level.
- Desirable for the role includes previous HEI teaching experience and a relevant mentoring and/or assessing qualification, alongside experience of supporting pre-registration nurses in practice.
Successful applicants will, if necessary, be fully funded and supported through our own teacher training apprenticeship, including full support for study attendance, and the allocation of a dedicated mentor to support them through the learning requirements.
We are a well-established, supportive, friendly team that works in close partnership with practice partners and students to create an inspiring learning environment. As a team, we are fully committed to striving for excellence and aim to provide outstanding student experiences.
Our facilities are located in a beautiful, leafy campus in the Edgbaston area of Birmingham, next door to the Botanical Gardens with excellent transport connections. Birmingham City University offers attractive benefits which include up to 32 days annual holiday, an index linked contributory pension scheme, and an employee assistance scheme.
We encourage applicants to arrange an informal discussion prior to their application; to do so please contact Emma Winterman, Emma.email@example.com