Provide programme and module leadership relevant to subject speciality and contribute to the academic development of the Institute
Teach on academic programmes and other courses related to subject speciality
Maintain links with clinical practice and contribute to practice development
Undertake research and scholarly activity within subject speciality
1. Programme lead for students undertaking academic courses in practice and academic settings, with responsibility to the course leader for the planning, organising, delivery and evaluation of validated and endorsed programmes of learning.
2. Module lead for academic modules relevant to subject specialty with responsibility to the course leader for the planning, organising, delivery and evaluation of a validated unit of study.
3. Participate in the selection and admissions of students to academic programmes including full time employed student nurses.
4. Undertake line management responsibilities for students undertaking the mental health field.
5. Lead on curriculum development as specified and agreed for pre and post registration programmes, including the development of new modules (removed relating to academic and practice settings) of study and participation in validation/endorsement activity.
6. In line with HE and NMC requirements, contribute to IHSCS quality processes and act on findings to enhance teaching and learning quality
7. Determine and use criteria for evaluating the effectiveness of teaching and learning and learning environments, and:
i. contribute to course, programme, and module evaluation;
ii. lead on educational audit within link clinical areas.
8. Membership of relevant IHSCS committees contributing to the management and development of the Institute and its academic and training programmes, preparing reports for Institute and University boards and committees and participating in working groups as required.
9. Act as