FTE 0.4 (Part time)
School/Department: School of Health and Social Work / Allied Health Professions, Midwifery and
Responsible to: Head of Department
Responsible for: n/a
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The post holder will participate in the delivery and assessment of the postgraduate Medical
Ultrasound programme. It is anticipated that this will involve participation in both clinical visits and
teaching at the University. Clinical visits will include formative and summative clinical assessments.
University teaching will involve participation in the delivery of the taught programme to include
elements such as physics and a range of clinical applications modules.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Participate in the development, delivery and management of postgraduate modules and short
- As Module Leader, co-ordinate with others (such as support staff or academic colleagues) to
ensure student needs and expectations are met. It encompasses leading a team in a discrete
area of learning and teaching
- Utilise current evidence-base to underpin teaching and learning activities.
- Contribute to programme delivery ensuring that the postgraduate modules are delivered in an
innovative manner incorporating blended learning
- Be pro-active in ensuring quality in the provision of the modules and programmes as appropriate
- Undertake assessment of students at the University or at their place of work.
- Liaise with and maintain good relationships with academic, administrative, technical and clinical
- Undertake other appropriate teaching and administrative responsibilities within the School as may
- Be actively involved in research and CPD activities and contribute to research in Medical
Ultrasound within the School
- Contribute to undergraduate and post graduate curriculum developments; including development,
delivery and teaching on short courses, modules and programmes.
- Contribute to the on-going evaluation and review of the School’s activities, participating in, as
required, in development and reviews of programmes including inter-professional developments
across the School.
- A small contribution to undergraduate teaching and assessments may be required
Supervision and direct line management will be provided by the Postgraduate Subject Lead, but it is expected that the appointee will operate with a substantial degree of autonomy in carrying out the responsibilities and duties included in the job description.
The post does not require supervision of peers, though may include supervision of students’ academic research projects.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR BUDGETS
The post does not require the post holder to hold a budget.
Internal – Regular internal contacts for this post include peers within the Postgraduate and radiography team, other academic and professional colleagues within the School as
well as Associate Deans
External – External contacts at clinical placement link site. Professional bodies such as Consortium for the Accreditation for Sonographic Education (CASE)
Informal Contact Details: For an informal discussion and more information please contact: