Senior Lecturer in Nursing (Mental Health)
Based at Oxstalls Campus, Gloucester
We require applicants to be:
- Currently registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council
- Credible teaching experience in Mental Health Nursing
- Enthusiastic in educating others
- Passionate about making a difference for people in our care
- Keen to develop inclusivity, diversity and celebrating difference in relation to widening participation and the student experience
- Keen to support nurses of the future to care for themselves in order to care for others
- Committed to contributing to a team vision of creating a ‘Culture of Care’ in nursing for service users, students and colleagues
We are looking for an enthusiastic Senior Lecturer to join our rapidly growing academic team as we move into our fourth year of nursing provision. You will need a strong clinical background and evidence of supporting pre-registration nurse education.
An enthusiasm to embrace change, work as part of the innovative nursing team and ability to contribute to the growing research profile of the subject area is essential.
You will have the opportunity to contribute to the growing portfolio of nursing programmes, supporting the course leadership role and implementation of the future nurse standards. This also offers an exciting opportunity for you to be involved in moving the School forward with its strategic plan to deliver a sustainable nursing workforce for Gloucestershire in collaboration with our partners.
You will work closely with the Academic Subject Leader, Academic Course Leaders, Strategic Lead for Partnerships and Placements and our collaborative partners to deliver the vision for nurse education in Gloucestershire.
For an informal discussion please contact Rachel Jefferies, Academic Subject Lead – Nursing email@example.com.
Closing date: Thursday 29th April 2021
Interview date: Thursday 13th May 2021
The University understands the benefits of recruiting a diverse range of people and we select the best possible on merit alone. We welcome applications from under-represented sections of the community.
We are proud to be a Disability Confident Leader, guaranteeing to offer an interview to anyone who meets the definition of disability set out in the Equality Act 2010 and who meets all of the essential criteria contained within the person specification.
Please download and save the Application for Employment Form to your computer. You will need to complete this form as part of the online application process. Your application will not be considered without this form.