SBU/Department: School of Health and Social Work
FTE: 1.0 FTE (37 hours)
Salary: UH8 £40,322 to £51,034pa
Location: University of Hertfordshire
The School of Health and Social Work are seeking to enhance our team providing successful programmes in mental health nursing by recruiting a Senior Lecturer.
Main duties & responsibilities
You will work within the mental health team of the Department of Nursing, Health & Wellbeing to undertake planning, teaching, assessment and evaluation of programmes of learning related to mental health nursing (and to teach on other appropriate programmes as required).
- be engaged in scholarly and research activity
- promote and maintain the policy of equal opportunities
- participate in other academic activities within the School and University
- teach and develop the curriculum within designated modules
- support and supervise students
- contribute to our short courses
- perform administrative and quality assurance duties
- will contribute to the Programme Development teams, examination boards and the monitoring and review panels
- represent mental nursing health both locally and nationally, and
- will contribute to departmental activities and national networks.
Skills and experience
You will bring substantial proven experience working as a registered mental health nurse, with enthusiasm about the advancement of progressive contemporary mental health care in general, and mental health nursing in particular. You will have experience of providing supervision, training or teaching related to mental health nursing practice and a commitment to work in meaningful partnership with service users/experts by experience, their carers and families in ways that advance the delivery and evaluation of mental health programmes of learning.
You will hold a Masters (or equivalent) relevant to mental health studies and be registered with NMC. This post is exempt under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 as amended and the successful applicant will be subject to a criminal record check from the Disclosure Barring Service before the appointment is confirmed.
Greg Rooney, Professional Lead for Mental Health 01707 285157, firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 27/10/19
Interview Date: 07/11/19
Apply online at http://www.herts.ac.uk/contact-us/jobs-and-vacancies