FTE 1 (Full time)
School/Department: School of Health and Social Work / Allied Health Professions, Midwifery and Social Work
Responsible to: Head of Department
Responsible for: n/a
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The post holder will participate in teaching, assessment and module management on the programmes delivered by the Diagnostic Radiography team and will have the opportunity to
contribute to research.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Teaching and assessment of undergraduate/postgraduate Diagnostic Radiography students at the University or at their placement sites.
- Utilise current evidence-base to underpin teaching and learning activities.
- Participating, as required, in development and reviews of programmes including interprofessional developments across the School.
- Liaising with and maintaining good relationships with academic, administrative, technical and clinical colleagues.
- Undertaking other appropriate teaching and administrative responsibilities within the School as may be required.
- Contribute to the interview admissions team for the undergraduate Diagnostic Radiography programme, including attendance at some open weekend days
- Contribute to the on-going evaluation and review of the School’s activities.
- Contribute to undergraduate curriculum developments; including development, delivery and teaching on short courses, modules and programmes.
- Undertake and contribute to Diagnostic Radiography research.
- Contribute to the administration of the School by undertaking additional roles, such as being a module lead and joining or leading teams involved in activities such as admissions, timetabling or programme support.
Supervision and direct line management will be provided by the Professional Lead for Diagnostic Radiography, but it is expected that the appointee will operate with a substantial degree of autonomy in carrying out the responsibilities and duties included in the job description.
The post does not require supervision of peers, though may include supervision of students’ academic research projects.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR BUDGETS
The post does not require the post holder to hold a budget.
Internal Regular internal contacts for this post include peers within the Diagnostic Radiography team, other academic and professional colleagues within the School as well as Associate Deans
External External contacts at clinical placement link site, Staff of appropriate professional, governmental and educational institutions. Partners in various research and consultancy project consortia as appropriate. Private persons and businesses where appropriate, visitors, prospective students and their parents.
DISCLOSURE AND BARRING SERVICE
The University requires that the successful applicant who is offered employment may require a DBS at a later date due to the nature of the work involved. Overseas applicants and UK applicants who have lived abroad.
Successful applicants from overseas will be required to produce a criminal records check, or ‘Certificate of Good Character’, from any country in which they have been resident, consecutively or
cumulatively, in the previous 10 years.
Informal Contact Details: For an informal discussion and more information please contact: