The Department of Allied Health Professions is seeking a suitably experienced physiotherapist who can demonstrate particular experience in cardo-respiratory physiotherapy. A strong understanding of cardio-respiratory anatomy, physiology, pathology, assessment and treatment techniques and clinical reasoning is essential. An ability to demonstrate previous university and/or practice based educational experience is also required.
A Masters degree would be desirable, but is not essential.
Responsibilities will include teaching and marking, module leadership, an academic and personal tutor role, research support for undergraduate students, clinical visiting, and being part of the cardio-respiratory and physiotherapy team in curriculum development and quality monitoring. Input to the B.Sc. (Hons) Physiotherapy and CPD modules will be expected.
You will have:
- sound experience in a range of cardio respiratory practice as well as experience of working within an interdisciplinary team.
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills and a commitment to close team working.
- You will need to be registered with the HCPC as a physiotherapist
- This post requires an enhanced DBS clearance.
Other benefits, in addition to salary:
- a generous holiday allowance of 35 days
- in addition you will be entitled to up to 12.5 bank holiday/closure days
- flexible working;
- excellent defined benefit pension schemes with a generous employer contribution;
- option to participate in the cycle to work scheme;
- family friendly policies;
- option to purchase childcare vouchers.
- Interviews are scheduled to take place on 24 April 2018.
UWE is committed to supporting and promoting equality and diversity to create an inclusive working environment. We believe this can be achieved through attracting, developing, and retaining a diverse range of staff from many different backgrounds who share our ambition to be a university recognised for the success