We are seeking to recruit a full-time Senior Lecturer and Course Leader for the MSc Paramedic Science course, delivered by UWL from November 2019, with a cohort of 30 students, from our Brentford campus (subject to approval by the HCPC). This will be the first of its kind to offer pre-registration Paramedic Science at postgraduate level in London.
It has been designed for applicants with a healthcare profession/biological sciences undergraduate degree (with direct patient contact experience), who wish to become a paramedic in two years. We are partnering with the London Ambulance Service NHS Trust (LAS), the busiest emergency ambulance service in the UK to deliver this trailblazing course.
- As a Senior Lecturer you will be responsible for the Course Leadership of this exciting new course. This will include:
- In liaison with the College of Nursing, Midwifery and Health care (CNMH) Lead for Recruitment organising and supporting recruitment activity (i.e. open days, selection events).
- Leading the implementation, day to day management and delivery of high quality, engaging paramedic science modules and course.
- Module leadership and delivery.
- Supporting the pastoral needs of students.
- Monitoring students’ progression in relation to meeting the academic and course requirements.
- Supporting students and Practice Educators/mentors in practice placements.
- Providing support to the paramedic science delivery team and working effectively as part of a wider healthcare team.
- As a member of the academic team, you will contribute to the development of the professional, academic, research and scholarly profile of paramedic science in CNMH.
You will hold a minimum of a Master’s degree or be working towards a PhD/Prof Doctorate, hold a higher education teaching qualification and current registration with the HCPC as a Paramedic (or be eligible to apply -Tier 2).
Further information is available here: https://jobs.uwl.ac.uk/Vacancy.aspx?ref