These two posts sit within the Department of Adult Nursing and Paramedic Science. The Department has a continuing agenda to develop and deliver curricula that meet the ever changing educational needs of the health and social care workforce.
Due to a continuing growth in business the Department is seeking to invest in new roles which will support and develop our increasing portfolio of work. We are seeking to appoint experienced academics or practitioners to join our team. You will contribute to the delivery of established provision across the Department and Faculty with a focus on undergraduate and post registration adult nursing programmes. The posts will also involve contribution to the delivery of other programmes across the Department/Faculty.
Programmes are provided across two campuses and therefore travel is required.
The successful applicant will have:
• a relevant masters degree and a recognised teaching qualification
• current NMC registration as an adult nurse, and will be required to undertake PhD studies as appropriate
• experience of working / teaching in an adult nursing
• experience of teaching and assessing students and good interpersonal/communication skills.
• ability to manage competing priorities
• a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.
Applications are welcomed from those with adult nursing experience in either acute or primary care. Although not essential, experience in primary care/ district nursing, or care and management of older people would be an advantage. An interest in moving and handling would also be beneficial. Applications are welcomed from those with the potential to undertake this post as a secondment.
For informal discussion please contact Morag Redfern (Head of Dept.) on telephone number 020 8331 7588 or Surinder Walia (Deputy Head of Dept.) on telephone number 020 8331 9890.
For further particulars on this post and details of how to make an online application please go to www2.gre.ac.uk/jobs