One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, Mott MacDonald is a multisector consultancy providing engineering, management, and development services on projects in 150 countries.
Our advisory and programme delivery unit delivers services to projects ranging in scale and complexity from a few million pounds to £20bn through the technical disciplines such as, management consulting, digital consulting, education, social care and healthcare management.
Our Education Health and Care portfolio is primarily a UK based business working in key sectors of Education, Public Health and Social Care. Our work stretches from running training courses attended by individual teachers through to managing the £40m Adoption Support Fund on behalf of the government.
Our vision, with your help, is to deliver major Education projects as part of a global business and to establish our wide-ranging consultancy as credible and preferred for our existing and new clients.
We are currently looking for a Quality Assurance Director for our contract to deliver Quality Assurance (QA) services on behalf of the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC). They will be responsible for ensuring the integrity of the QA activities. Working with a team of Deputy Directors, they will ensure that we are able to maintain a pool of suitably qualified and trained visitors to undertake QA activities; support education institutions through relevant QA processes; identify key risks resulting from QA activities; and report these to the NMC. The post holder will support the identification and gathering of data and intelligence related to QA activity across the four countries of the UK as required by the NMC.
In order to be eligible for the role it is vital that the candidate is a registered midwife of nurse, with demonstratable knowledge of Quality Assurance in education.
Essential qualifications and experience
- Current registration as a nurse or a midwife.
- A recognised graduate education qualification and experience in higher education.
- Senior management experience in education or service provision
- Experience of quality assurance at a strategic and operational level
- Good understanding of risk assessment processes
- Well-developed organisational and administrative skills
- High attention to detail and be able to demonstrate the ability to meet tight deadlines
Desirable Qualifications and experience
- Senior Lecturer or equivalent level post
- Evidence of continuing professional development and updating
- Higher academic award
Equality, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) are at the heart of our organisation. We promote equal opportunities and have several initiatives to create an inclusive workplace culture; Our dedicated inclusive recruitment page provides more information on our efforts and recognitions.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at email@example.com and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
At Mott MacDonald, we support our staff to create work-life balance which works for them and welcome candidates looking for career flexibility. We are open to discussing flexible working at interview stage.
We can offer:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Competitive annual leave and the option to purchase additional annual leave
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Life insurance
- Enhanced parental leave
- Annual company performance bonus scheme – Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits scheme to suit you, including cycle to work & Interest free season ticket loans etc.