School of Nursing and Midwifery
We are seeking to recruit at Lecturer/Senior Lecturer/Professor (Education) level and offer a unique student experience with innovative teaching methods and a modern clinical skills education centre. We teach all fields of Nursing and Midwifery at undergraduate, postgraduate and post-registration levels. We promote excellence in nursing and midwifery education to ensure our graduates are safe and effective healthcare practitioners.
We also conduct world class research leading to improvements in health and well-being in partnership with health professionals, leading charities, patients and carers.
Anticipated interview date: early December 2016
Salary scale: Lecturer: £34,956 – £51,260 per annum (including contribution points)
Senior Lecturer: £49,772 – £63,008 per annum (including contribution points)
Professor salary will be determined in accordance with the Professorial ranges as applied within the University.
Closing date: Monday 7 November 2016
At all levels
- Current registration status with the Nursing and Midwifery Council as a Registered Nurse (Adult), OR possession of qualifications required for such registration.
- Primary degree
- Higher degree (Masters or equivalent in a relevant subject area)
- High quality outputs in peer reviewed journals.
- Relevant teaching experience at third level.
Senior Lecturer/Professor (Education)
- PhD or equivalent in a relevant subject
- Sustained record of peer-reviewed publications contributing to the conceptual and/or practical development of pedagogy or the discipline, consistent with a national and emerging international reputation
- Significant experience and established reputation of teaching and designing courses at undergraduate and/or postgraduate level in higher education.
Full time, Permanent
Apply online at www.qub.ac.uk/jobs. For further information or assistance contact the Personnel Department, Queen’s University Belfast, BT7 1NN. Telephone (028) 9097 3044 or email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University is committed to equality of opportunity and to selection on merit. It therefore welcomes applications from all sections of society and particularly welcomes applications from people with a disability.
Fixed term contract posts are available for the stated period in the first instance but in particular circumstances may be renewed or made permanent subject to availability of funding.