Professor of Nursing/Associate Professor of Nursing
Join our team!
We are seeking to recruit a Professor of Nursing (in any nursing Field) with an international reputation as an academic leader of nursing education and research.
If you are a passionate about the nursing profession and preparing future nurses, then this is the role for you! We will expect you to represent the University nationally and internationally as a nurse education ambassador for the School and University.
As a member of the nursing Subject Group within the School, you will provide leadership and line management of the academic team in partnership with the Head of Subject and others. You will be an active member of the School Leadership Team, which is led by the Dean and is collectively responsible for the successful implementation of the School strategy.
We are also seeking to appoint two Associate Professors of Nursing to support the Head of Subject with the leadership and further development of the nursing academic subject group. You will have a national profile in relation to nursing education and a growing portfolio of nursing focused research and scholarship. You will also contribute to cross School activities commensurate with the Associate Professor leadership role.
Both role holders will contribute to the delivery of the nursing programmes at all levels and will support nursing academic colleagues with the development of their research capacity, grant writing and publications.
You will be supported in the role to further develop your own academic career in your identified academic pathway (Professional Practice, Learning & Teaching, Research or Business & Enterprise) through access to a range of resources available to all University staff and through a coaching approach to personal development. We work in an inclusive way and can support flexible and remote working. We will also consider applications for part-time time working, job sharing and secondments.
We are particularly looking for expertise in the following areas (not exclusively):
- Advanced Clinical Practice and Non-medical prescribing
- Learning disability nursing
- Mental health nursing
If you’re excited at the prospect of joining our fantastic interprofessional team as a Professor or Associate Professor in nursing then we’d love to receive an application from you!
- Qualification in relevant discipline at least to postgraduate level. (Grade 7)
- Professional qualifications relevant to discipline. (Grade 7)
- Current registration with the relevant Professional Statutory Regulatory Body for the role. (Grade 7)
- Profile that demonstrates at least national standing and some international engagement. (Grade 7)
- Generation of external income.(Grade 7)
- Developing international reputation as a leader in the field (Grade 8)
- A track record of securing external funding and support for research activity (as Principal Investigator or key contributor). (Grade 8)
- Reputation for supporting, mentoring and bringing on other members of staff in area of scholarship, including Early Career Researchers. School or faculty level leadership and engagement with University wide groups, committees and projects.( Grade 8)
- Doctoral level qualification. (Grade 7/8)
For more information on the position please see https://www.napier.ac.uk/about-us/work-with-us
For more information about the School and current recruitment campaign, https://staff.napier.ac.uk/services/hr/recruitmentandselection/Job_description_repository/jobdescriptions/SHSC-%20Information%20Pack%202020.pdf