The Division of Midwifery within the School of Health Sciences at the University of Nottingham is seeking to appoint an External Examiner to oversee modules across all three years of the programmes within the following awards:
- Pre-registration BSc Midwifery (Hons) 3 year
This is newly approved innovative values based programme.
- Pre-registration Bachelor of Midwifery (BMid Hons) 3 year (final two years)
We ask External Examiners to view and comment on student work that is made available electronically using Grademark and Turnitin and an online e-practice document platform. External Examiners are expected to attend the Midwifery Examination Boards and meet midwifery students in the University and in clinical practice settings.
- Working in a UK HEI with no formal links with University of Nottingham in last 5 years,
- Current registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council as a midwife including a recordable teaching qualification
- Master’s Degree or preferably a PhD in a related area.
- Direct experience of teaching and assessing in midwifery subject area.
- Research and publication in related area
- Previous experience as an external examiner
- The appointment will be from November 2016 and will be for a period of three years.
Appointment of External Examiners are in line with the University of Nottingham’s Quality Manual.
For further information please contact Jacqui Williams, Director of Midwifery Undergraduate Programmes, Jacqui.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested individuals should send their expressions of interest together with a full Curriculum Vitae, including details of your research, publications, teaching and external examining, along with any other relevant information to Sarah.email@example.com