Part Time, Fixed Term
Oxford Brookes University is an approved university to conduct the Nursing Midwifery Council (NMC) Test of Competence. There are 2 other approved universities; Ulster University and University of Northampton.
The approved Test Centre provide Part two of the NMC’s Test of Competence for international nurses and midwives seeking registration with the NMC. Part two is a nursing or midwifery Objective Structured Clinical Examination (OSCE). The OSCE can only be sat after a candidate successfully passes Part one, and it is the NMC who provides authorisation of this.
At Oxford Brookes University, we have a Test Centre at Marston Road site, Oxford and a second test centre at the Swindon campus. We normally run OSCES on Monday to Wednesday in Swindon. There are various opportunities available from 8 hours a week to 40 hours a week. This is a fixed term role until March 2022.
The OSCE will simulate a clinical environment and “patient” scenarios which registered nurses and midwives are likely to encounter when they assess, plan, implement and evaluate care. Candidates are expected to utilise a contemporary evidence base and effectively demonstrate safe practical application of nursing and midwifery skills. The Test of Competence is blueprinted against the current UK pre-registration standards and these standards are available on the NMC’s website.
For more information about the Test Centre please see: https://www.brookes.ac.uk/nmc-test-of-competence
For more information about the role of the NMC Competence Assessor contact either of the staff below or email email@example.com:
- Clair Merriman Programme/Provision Lead 01865 482622
- Barry Ricketts | Academic Lead | 01865 48 2622
- Amy Volp | Project Manager | 01865 48 8415
Qualifications required for post:
- Diploma in higher education in a health-related subject
- Current registration with the NMC
- Experience as a mentor and/or practice assessor
Experience required for post:
- Recent experience of working in a clinical environment as a nurse or midwife or evidence of maintaining current knowledge and expertise for the proficiencies of pre-registration nursing or midwifery programmes
- Experience as a mentor and/or supervising pre or post-registration nursing or midwifery students in a clinical setting
- Experience of teaching clinical skills to pre-registration or post-registration nursing or midwifery students would be desirable or teaching/facilitating learning in the workplace
As one of the largest employers in Oxford we pride ourselves on the great experience we offer our staff. You will be joining a friendly, professional environment where every member of staff is recognised as important to the success of Oxford Brookes University. To find out more about the benefits of working for Oxford Brookes please visit: www.brookes.ac.uk/job-vacancies/working-at-brookes