We are seeking to appoint a Subject External Examiner for the MSc Advanced Professional Practice in Occupational Therapy pathway. The programme is based within the School of Health Professions, Faculty of Health and Human Sciences. Students on the pathway will be Occupational Therapists, but will share modules with other registered health and social care professionals for example Physiotherapists, Podiatrists, Paramedics and social workers.
Consequently, the external examiner would be an Occupational Therapist with experience of post-graduate educational provision, have a recordable teaching qualification and a current registration with the HCPC. Modules to be examined include a focus on occupational science, interprofessional and distance learning.
The appointment will be for 4 years and the commitment required is as follows:
- Currently three assessment panels a year (March, June, and November) and the submission of external examiner reports
- To review a range of coursework throughout the year
- To attend one assessment event per year if appropriate (for example, OSCE or oral presentation)
- To engage in communication with the programme team
- To carry out at least one interim engagement per year (which may take the form of a ‘virtual’ visit by video conference/Skype in recognition of the logistical difficulties presented by Plymouth’s geographical location) and at least one face to face visit during the term of office to obtain feedback from staff and to strengthen their engagement with the ongoing teaching and learning process
All appointments are subject to the candidate meeting the University’s criteria for appointment. If you would like to be considered for this, please submit a CV by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11th June 2018 or for further information please contact the Pathway Lead Dr Alison Warren on 01752 587582 or email: email@example.com