The Department of Children’s Nursing (DCN) is the biggest children’s nursing department in the UK currently support just under 800 students studying pre-registration children’s nursing programmes at degree and postgraduate levels, as well as a range of post-registration, CPD and postgraduate programmes.
This is an exciting opportunity for experienced and enthusiastic children’s nurses to contribute to the provision of high quality learning, teaching and research within the Department of Children’s Nursing at London South Bank University and participate in the thriving portfolio of pre- and post- registration, undergraduate and postgraduate nursing education programmes. We are a dynamic and proactive team and offer excellent opportunities for development and supportive networking within our partner NHS Trusts and higher education.
This is a full time post.
Applicants for posts must:
- Be a registered children’s nurse on the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) register
- Have a minimum of three year’s clinical experience following initial registration as a children’s nurse
- Have a good bachelors degree (2:2 or above)
- Have a mentorship qualification with experience of supporting, mentoring and assessing students
- To be considered for the senior lecturer post you should be educated to at least masters level with a teaching qualification recognised by the NMC (or equivalent).
In return, we can offer you a dynamic and proactive team, excellent opportunities for development and supportive networking within the Trusts and the university. For an informal discussion please contact:
To apply, please visit https://jobs.lsbu.ac.uk/ read the job spec, and upload a copy of your CV, cover letter, and your NMC registration details.
We expect to interview for this post in w/c 4th December 2017.