Are you a Podiatrist with experience of education in the clinical or academic setting and excellent clinical skills? This is your opportunity to use those skills with the fantastic students on our pre-registration Podiatry courses.
Podiatry at the University of Brighton has a well-established portfolio of courses, ranging from BSc (Hons), Podiatry Degree Apprenticeship and MSc Pre-Registration courses, to Post Graduate and Doctoral provision. Now is an exciting time to join the team as the pre-registration podiatry courses are being refreshed for revalidation, giving you the opportunity to contribute to the future shape of the courses. The Podiatry team sits within the School of Health Sciences, which will soon form a new School with the School of Sport and Service Management – creating exciting opportunities to work inter-professionally with other health, sport and exercise professionals.
In order to be successful in this post you should have:
- A current Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) registration as a podiatrist.
- A good (1st or 2:1) degree in Podiatry and professional experience as a podiatrist.
- Up-to-date, sound knowledge of current developments in podiatric practice including current clinical, professional and policy developments and the range of generic skills required to teach the subject.
- A passion for educating student podiatrists and an understanding of principles of learning and teaching in higher education and/ or clinical practice is required.
- You should be able to assess and treat patients in our podiatry clinic and undertake supervision of students in the clinic.
The post is based at our Eastbourne Campus including our Leaf Hospital site, and travel to other university and placement sites will also be required.
We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking to job share. The successful candidate will be required to undertake a DBS check.
For further information about this opportunity please contact Dr Simon Otter, Academic Lead Podiatry, S.Otter@brighton.ac.uk