We require applicants to be:
- Currently registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council.
- Credible practice experience in Learning Disabilities Nursing
- Enthusiastic and credible in educating others.
- Passionate about making a difference for people in our care.
- Keen to support nurses of the future to care for themselves in order to care for others.
- Committed to contributing to a team vision of creating a ‘Culture of Care’ in nursing for service users, students and colleagues.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Senior Lecturer to join our rapidly growing academic team as we move into our first year of learning disabilities nursing provision. You will need a strong clinical background and evidence of delivering pre-registration nurse education in learning disabilities nursing. Experience of previously undertaking module leader responsibilities, curriculum development, and substantial experience of teaching will be considered an advantage. An enthusiasm to embrace change, work as part of the innovative nursing team and ability to contribute to the growing research profile of the subject area is essential.
You will have the opportunity to contribute to the growing portfolio of nursing programmes, taking on a module leadership role in our nursing programmes. This also offers an exciting opportunity for you to be involved in moving the School forward with its strategic plan to deliver a sustainable nursing workforce for Gloucestershire in collaboration with our partners.
You will work closely with the Academic Subject Leader, Academic Course Leaders, Strategic Lead for Partnerships and Placements and our collaborative partners to deliver the vision for nurse education in Gloucestershire.
For an informal discussion please contact Rachel Jefferies, Academic Subject Lead – Nursing, email@example.com
Closing date: Monday 13 April 2020
Interview date: Monday 20 April 2020
The University understands the benefits of recruiting a diverse range of people and welcome applications from under-represented sections of the community.
Please download and save the Application for Employment Form to your computer. You will need to complete this form as part of the online application process. Your application will not be considered without this form.