This is an exciting opportunity to join a vibrant team of academics dedicated to the learning and teaching of midwifery students. You will join our recently validated Future Midwifery programme, providing a stimulating learning experience, motivating and inspiring students to become critical thinkers and high-quality professionals.
Our courses’ curricula are focused on preparing graduates with knowledge, skills, innovation and vision for a career in contemporary health care services. This post will see you taking an active part in supporting students in both theory and practice. A fundamental part of the role is collaborating with colleagues across our School with interests in midwifery to develop research and/or scholarly opportunities. Our philosophy is to work in partnership with students, academics, researchers, service users and service colleagues to deliver high quality learning and teaching based on contemporary research findings and practice.
In order to be successful in this role you must have:
- A good first degree and MSc or working towards one, and be registered with the Nursing & Midwifery Council as a midwife
- A Higher Education teaching qualification and/or an HEA Fellowship, or willingness to undertake this within the first 12 months
- Up-to-date knowledge of midwifery practice and held a senior practitioner role
- Experience of leading and implementing creative approaches to developing teaching and learning of midwifery students, in clinical practice or university settings
- If you have a PhD or Doctorate and can supervise at this level, you will have opportunities to develop as the university has an active programme for supporting early career researchers.
For informal enquiries please contact, Academic Lead Midwifery Programme, Sarah Lewis-Tulett, S.Lewis-Tulett@brighton.ac.uk
You will be based at our Eastbourne campus site, and travel to other university sites will also be required.
We welcome applications from candidates seeking to job share.